Outlook meeting designed in such a way, you can schedule meeting with multiple attendees, reschedule, cancel meeting, and recording the planning process in the meeting. Rescheduling consists of a change of time, location, add attendees in Outlook.
In this article, you will learn step by step process “How to add optional attendees in Outlook 365?”.
How To Add Attendees to Outlook Meeting Already Scheduled
In Outlook, you can easily change the users invited to a meeting and then send an update. You can update existing meetings add more attendees. Follow the steps:
- Open Outlook calendar from the navigation section from the button left-hand corner of the screen.
- Double click on the scheduled meeting on a specific date.
- Add an attendee email address under the “required or optional” area accordingly.
- Hit Send
Although Outlook autosuggest flash related email address of your attendee on entering a few alphabets of the email address/name. In case your member’s email address is not added to your distribution list, you must enter it manually.
Send Update to the Attendees dialog box pops up, there are two options:
- Send updates only to added or deleted attendees.
- Send updates to all attendees.
Adding or removing attendees for the scheduled meeting is a frequent process, sending updation to all the attendees is hectic for all the members, you can avoid it by opting for an option to send updates to only added or deleted attendees.
Check the option of Send updates only to added or deleted attendees, and click the OK button.
Outlook sends an email to the fresh attendees regarding the meeting scheduled. This process is very simple to execute.
Add Attendees to Outlook Meeting using (add or remove attendees icon)
Another to get there is adding attendees using the “Add or remove attendees icon”.
- Move your mouse cursor on that specific date in the Outlook calendar, click on it.
- Meeting Tab appears on the tab section above.
- Click to “Add or Remove attendee” Icon.
- Select attendee and resources dialog box appears to add attendees in (required, optional, and resources) section and click Ok.
- Additional attendees added, Hit Send, further steps are similar to above.
How To Add Optional Attendees in Outlook Web?
Outlook web application is as smarter as Outlook application on your Desktop/Laptop. You can add attendees in Scheduling meeting from the Outlook web application easily, Here is the step by step guide:
- Open Outlook web calendar.
- Select the date on which meeting already scheduled.
- Double click on the meeting content.
- Click Edit from the left-hand corner of the screen.
- The meeting input form reappears, click options.
- Add attendees and simply Click Send from the top left-hand corner of the screen.