Microsoft Exchange allows multiple people to collaborate on emails, calendars, and tasks. When you send an Outlook email with attendees, it automatically adds the people on the list and forwards the email to them. This is enabled by default, but you can disable this option.
Outlook meetings are designed in such a way, you can schedule meetings with multiple attendees, reschedule, cancel meetings, and record the planning process in the meeting. Rescheduling consists of a change of time, location, add attendees in Outlook.
In this article, you will learn step by step process “How to add optional attendees in Outlook 365?”.
What is an optional attendee in Outlook?
An optional attendee in Microsoft Outlook is a person you invite to a meeting but don’t plan to send reminders to. A list of optional attendees is saved in your Outlook profile and then automatically populated when you send invitations to a meeting.
How To Add Attendees to Outlook Meeting Already Scheduled
In Outlook, you can easily change the users invited to a meeting and then send an update. You can update existing meetings and add more attendees. Follow the steps:
- Open the Outlook calendar from the navigation section in the button left-hand corner of the screen.
- Double click on the scheduled meeting on a specific date.
- Add an attendee email address under the “required or optional” area accordingly.
- Hit Send
Although Outlook autosuggest flash-related email address of your attendee on entering a few alphabets of the email address/name. In case your member’s email address is not added to your distribution list, you must enter it manually.
Send Update to the Attendees dialog box pops up, there are two options:
- Send updates only to added or deleted attendees.
- Send updates to all attendees.
Adding or removing attendees for the scheduled meeting is a frequent process, sending updating to all the attendees is hectic for all the members, you can avoid it by opting for an option to send updates to only added or deleted attendees.
Check the option of Send updates only to added or deleted attendees and click the OK button.
Outlook sends an email to the fresh attendees regarding the meeting scheduled. This process is very simple to execute.
Add Attendees to Outlook Meeting using (add or remove attendees’ icon)
Another to get there is to add attendees using the “Add or remove attendees’ icon”.
- Move your mouse cursor to that specific date in the Outlook calendar, and click on it.
- Meeting Tab appears on the tab section above.
- Click to “Add or Remove attendee” Icon.
- Select attendee and resources dialog box appears to add attendees in the (required, optional, and resources) section and click Ok.
- Additional attendees added, Hit Send, further steps are like above.
How To Add Optional Attendees in Outlook Web?
Outlook web application is as smarter as the Outlook application on your Desktop/Laptop. You can add attendees in Scheduling meetings from the Outlook web application easily, here is the step-by-step guide:
- Open Outlook web calendar.
- Select the date on which the meeting is already scheduled.
- Double click on the meeting content.
- Click Edit from the left-hand corner of the screen.
- The meeting input form reappears, click options.
- Add attendees and simply Click Send from the top left-hand corner of the screen.
In Conclusion, Outlook has additional attendees’ options you can enable as an option for the meeting. If you are trying to set filtering options, then for that you need to enable “All Attendees” or “Selected Attendees“.