If you are missing to take benefit of your upcoming holiday, it is a very good chance you have not used the future in the Microsoft Outlook calendar, it makes everything smooth for you. Remembering and reminding both are important.
In this article, you will learn “how to create outlook calendar holidays”.
Initially, Outlook calendar is clean and has no holiday listed. You have to add manually.
You can easily add all holiday calendar of specified countries, and copy the holidays to the second/public/all calendars easily.
Here is the step by step tutorial.
Microsoft Outlook is the global platform, every user required to update their own country holiday into their system to keep track of regular holidays.
To add holidays to your Outlook calendar:
- Step 1 – Open Outlook >> Click File >> Click Options
- Step 2 – Options dialog box appears, click Calendar in the left bar, and then click Add Holidays button
- There are almost every country calendar holidays available in Outlook [Scrol up and down and find your location], all you have to do is select, you can also select multiple countries according to your requirement, and click OK.
- So far, all holidays of the specified location (country name) have been added to the default calendar of the default email account in Outlook already.
- Once you’ve added holidays to your Outlook calendar, they will appear in the Calendar desktop app that accompanies Outlook.
How to add custom holidays to outlook calendar?
Add holiday feature only include holiday of the country in your outlook calendar, what if you want to add custom holidays. There is a feature outlook import custom holidays, Here is the step by step guide.
How to add holidays to Outlook calendar? it is just like adding custom template and add into outlook templates.
Most companies have their own set of holidays on top of national ones. Hr department distributes to their employee accordingly to the area.
If you look closely, MS outlook by default set a bunch of holiday list installed in their system with the extension file of [.hol], this file can be found in the following path:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\1033\Outlook.hol
The file contains: [for instance]
[United States] 8
For the purpose to add a custom Holiday calendar, follow the steps.
In this, you can create your own [.hol] file, which was later uploaded to Outlook.
- Open Notepad
- [Your company’s US Holidays 2017]8
NEW YEAR’S DAY,2020/01/01
NEW YEAR’S EVE,2020/01/02
DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING DAY,2020/11/24
Note:- 8 is the number of holidays listed. It is very important to keep this format intact, no change space excepted, another wise you have to encounter the error.
- Once the above content is entered in notepad, save the file with [.hol] extension.
How to save notepad file with (.hol) extension?
Once your file is ready, Click to save as from the File tab.
Important Note:- Filename must be “.hol” only no other alphabet or space will be used and select All Files in the type section and click save.
- Now you have your customized list of holidays saved in your computer hardware with (.hol) file extension.
- Simply double click the file a popup appears select your list and click OK. Your holidays are added into your calendar you can cross-check in your calendar.
Human resources section create (.hol) file for different branches state-wise and easily mail to their employee, they can save the holiday list in their outlook.
How To Remove Holidays From Outlook Calendar?
Delete holidays from Outlook list individually is a very time-consuming process, here you can check an easy way to remove duplicate or selective holiday entries in Microsoft Outlook followed by few steps.
After your country selection, the lists grab their respective dates and sat on the dates.
- Step 1 – Open Outlook >> Click Calender from navigation section
- Step 2 – Click View Tab >> Change View >> List
- Click Catagory from the arrangement group. This will sort all of your events by category.
- Scroll through the list and select the category name of Holiday >> Click right button of mouse
- Click Delete, all the holiday available in outlook with the category holiday is deleted.
Once you’ve completed the steps, people who also have access to the shared calendar will be able to see the updates.
- How To Find Unread Mail In Outlook?
- Share Outlook Calendar Outside Organization
- How to customize the theme and formatting for Outlook Mail? (Creating Stationary)
- How to Schedule Meeting in Outlook? + [How to Cancel Meeting Email?]
- How To Keep Microsoft Outlook Running in the Background?
- Outlook Address Autofill Not Working – (Find out Why?)