When you received an email in your inbox, the date and time mentioned on the right side of the email notification are by default adjusted by Outlook in the format “best fit” and going down to a week later the format changes to “DD MM YYYY”.
Microsoft Outlook globally used the regional default setting is different.
You can change the date and time format according to your requirement, In this article, you will learn step by step process to change the “date and time format”.
Steps to Change Outlook Date/Time Format
You can modify your date and time format (date display format) from your inbox folder, follow the steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Select the folder (inbox, send, trash, etc.)
- Click on View Tab >> View setting.
- Advanced View Settings dialog box, Click Format Columns.
- Another dialog box “Format column” appears. >> Select received from the left navigation section.
- Click on the drop-down list in the format column.
- Select your specific format and click Ok.
Apart from this, you can also adjust the alignment (left, center & right).
The difference in both the format is clear:
Change Outlook Date/Time Format in Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 is an old version and approaching to “Advanced view setting” dialog box is quite different: Follow the step:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Click View >> Arrange by >> Custom
- Advanced view setting dialog box appears and further step are similar to above.
Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders
Note: you can only change the date format of a specific mail folder according to the above steps. If you want to apply the same date format to multiple mail folders,
You have to change the date format of one mail folder first and then apply the current view to all other mail folders.
Click View >> Change view >> Click Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders.
Reset current view
In case you need to reset the Outlook date format to the original, select the folder >> click view setting >> Click reset view setting from the advanced view setting dialog box (refer: the image below)
Change Outlook Date in Outlook web
You can change your language, date and time format, and time zone in Outlook.com settings.
- Open Outlook web (Outlook.com)
- Select your folder >> Click on setting (gear logo) on the right top corner of the screen.
- Click View all outlook settings
- Select General >> Language and Time
- Select date format from the dropdown list.
Click save and instantly you can see the result the email on your folder dates format changes according to your choice.