Writing a letter, email message, blog in a professional way, hit challenge to every employee/ self-employed/ writer, little mistake always encounters (it’s not because you are not a good writer, but everyone holds their own writing pattern), sometimes typing mistake, or silly grammatical mistakes blur your writing design which sometimes hit real dent in your content.
Grammarly has popularly known for auto-grammatic correction in the content. An online grammar checker and proofreading tool help the users to work as a professional.
It’s an addon software easily downloaded from google, it comes in two flavors (free and paid), the free version covers almost all aspects of Grammarly, the paid version consists of some additional benefits.
Here in this article, you will learn one of the Outlook add-ins “Grammarly“. I can write a whole about Grammarly, but my purpose is to solve one of the biggest issues of Microsoft Outlook users is grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes, which can be solved after reading this article.
How to add Grammarly for Outlook?
Let’s begin, before using Grammarly, windows 10 itself corrects your spelling mistakes which were inbuilt in Microsoft Office, whether you are using Word, Outlook, or Powerpoint.
In case you type any word with the wrong spelling, your system indicates you by red color zigzag line under those specific words, which was easily corrected by clicking the right mouse button.
It’s an inbuilt feature of Windows, Now let’s understand How Grammarly works?
You can download the latest version of Grammarly for Microsoft Office at Grammarly For Outlook. Here is the step-by-step tutorial to install and how it really works?
- Download Grammarly setup from the above URL.
- Create an account and download the setup >> Run your setup on your computer/laptop
- Check both the options and click install, your system takes a while to install the setup. >> Click Finish
Now you can check an additional tab logo in your outlook, which becomes a part of Outlook. Not only for the home page but also for the new message page.
Now Grammarly does all your homework while typing any mistakes will automatically be corrected. While opening the Grammarly tab, additional options are available for the user, most of the features are paid.
How to use Grammarly add-in in Outlook?
Once all the step-up is installed, Grammarly is added to Microsoft Outlook, Open the new message window to create your content.
Creating email message priority to bring all the words moving in your brain into a message window, next Grammarly helps you out with spelling and suggestions.
Use the button in your new Grammarly tab, and the Grammarly sidebar will appear on the right-hand corner of the Outlook screen.
Click on All Issues. Grammarly suggestions (results) will be shown directly in the sidebar. Let’s understand how to read that? [Refer: Snapshot].
After typing content, click All issues, you get (basic issues and premium issue), basic issues are free and easily rectified and premium issues are paid, which require upgrading to a paid Grammarly.
So, basic issues reveal mistakes that can be rectified, simply hit one by one, and correct the mistakes. There are two options available:
- Dismiss the suggestion.
- Add to Dictionary (technically few words really worth but as per Grammarly that work does not exist), you can simply hit add to the dictionary and add those words in the Grammarly database.
Microsoft Outlook emoji sign indicates tons of your writing, which helps you modify the writing pattern.
Click on “Tone Detector” from the Grammarly tab, the result dialog box appears, which reveals the tons range.
Business User, take advantage of the style guide in Microsoft Outlook, which guides the user with the writing style and many more. (Style guide is a Grammarly premium service that you can get for $12.50/member/month).
Grammarly For Webmail Outlook
Outlook.com is a web-based email service, Grammarly’s Chrome extension for Outlook comes into play, it’s an extension that covers all websites including Webmail Outlook.
Here is the step by step guide:
- Download Grammarly chrome extension for Outlook.
- Click “Add to chrome”.
- You can check the Grammarly chrome extension added to your system, on the right-hand top corner of your screen. You can turn on and off four major options available which run accordingly and also select the English language (American, British, Canadian, Australian).
- Whenever you draft an email message on the New message page, Grammarly keeps an eye on it and results in you at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you type the email message, click on the Grammarly logo at the bottom of the screen, which opens up the detailed analysis report (as we have learned in the application version above).
- Beginning from the top, you get the text score which represents the quality of writing (maximum score 100).
- Next Fix spelling and grammar mistakes one by one.
- You can add to the dictionary, and remove the suggestion [refer: image].
- Lastly, the emoji represents the Tone Detector, which in detail is checked by clicking on it.
- Grammarly Premium options cost you $11.66/month, which dig deeper and give you a professional touch.
Once you correct and rectify all the issues, your email is ready for lunch. The free version is also a complete package.
How To Remove/Delete Grammarly From Outlook?
Once Grammarly software is installed and working properly, you can also remove/delete it from the control panel of your computer in case not required.
Click Programs and Features, then right-click on Grammarly and select Uninstall, Grammarly uninstalled entirely from all Microsoft Office platforms like Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, and so on.
Click here to download Grammarly Addins
Discloser: This article doesn’t hold any promotions or affiliates. The reader gets more knowledge and improves working in all directions.
I always recommend all the readers and colleagues install Grammarly and take advantage of the free version. I always take advantage of Grammarly for outlook, which converts all my emails into professional touch.
In summary, Grammarly’s spell checker is pretty accurate, grammar checker can be a bit too sensitive, and it only works with Microsoft Office products.
While you’re thinking about how to integrate Grammarly with Outlook, you can also use Grammarly’s plagiarism checker to make sure you haven’t plagiarized any content.