Creating a Business (vCard) in Outlook is storing contact details of any person which includes (Name, address, Email Address, mobile number, company credential, person image).
Not only individuals you can easily create a contact group in outlook, which can be used in several ways.
This article is all about Create & Share Electronic Business Card (vCard). The process of creating a new business card in MS Outlook 365 is also quite easy and short.
Here is the step by step guide:
How to Create vCard?
Before understanding the process of creation, What is vCard? : vCard, also known as VCF (Virtual Contact File), is a file format standard for electronic business cards. which can be easily shared with all kinds of contact details of multiple people.
- Open Outlook 365 >> Click to contact (people icon) on the left-hand bottom navigation pane.
- Go to Home Tab on the left-hand top corner and >> Click New Contact or use Keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Shift + C).
- In the contact form, double-click on the business card that opens the Edit Business Card box.
- The business card dialog box consists of multiple options that help you design your layout using an image, image area (in percentage), and image align information, and other informational fields.
- Informational Field consists of “Full Name, Name of Company, Job Title, Departement, Bussiness Phone, Email Address, Bussiness Address”.
- Select specific files one by one and enter the details on the right-hand side “Edit section”, You can also format the content using Color, Bold, and many more options.
- You can add or remove any item from the vCard.
- Using the Up and Down arrow key allows you to position the text anywhere you want it.
- Click Ok, It will fill up your main contact form, You can check the final preview, add a profile image of the person if required or available and also fill up other minor information, and click save to store.
Finally, the Electronic Business Card is ready to share with other users.
How To Edit and Customize Electronic Business vCard in Outlook
After creating a member profile vCard, you can check stored Electronic Business cards in the Outlook contact area. You’ve got a fully functional business card. Somehow you can easily “Edit business card”, to add some more information or customized vCard.
To do that, here is the step by step tutorial:
- Go to Contact >> Go to Home Tab >> Click to Bussiness Card
- That will bring you to the list of vCards stored in Outlook
- Double click on that specific vCard which you like to edit.
- You are reforwarded to the contact form, which can be easily edited or customized according to your requirement, and hit the save button on the top left-hand corner of the screen, Your customized contact vCard is saved after edit.
You can also permanently delete your Electronic Business Card (vCard) In Microsoft Outlook by clicking the right mouse button and the delete option is available there.
How Do I Put My Business Card On My Email?
Outlook users easily send any Electronic business vCard through email to any person or group of people, it’s not rocket science, you only have to attach the vCard just like you attach a folder or file with your email.
The new message, Reply, or forwarding all three options allow you to attach the business card, Let’s Dive in:
- In the new, replying, or forwarding email >> Click to Insert Tab >> Business Card >> other Business Card [Ref: Snapshot]
- That will walk you through the list of the business card, Specify the contact folder & simply select or you can use the Ctrl key while selecting for multiple vCard and hit Ok.
The Business card is attached to your email in (.vcf) format and also inserted in the message body.
It’s done, on sending that email message, your recipient will get the Electronic Business Card (vCard), which I can also save on his computer. Here are a few explanations, how:
- When your recipient clicks on the attachment, of the received email, the whole vCard open in the message body.
- Then, the recipient can right-click your business card and choose to save as to download the contact or choice save as from the above tab [ref: snapshot above].
- You can simply import that contact into your outlook.
There is another option your recipient directly save the contact, double click on the attachment received, that will open up the contact form into your recipient Outlook, your recipient simply adds required information or hit the save and close button on the topmost corner of your screen.
Here, in this article, the method How To Create & Share Electronic Business Card (vCard) In Microsoft Outlook or modification in Outlook has been discussed. Maintaining all the records always helps the user, if you are an individual, running a small business or large enterprise, business card sharing is easy to process. I hope you get all your answers and gained some knowledge through this blog.
- How To Setup/Run Rules in Outlook 365 Webmail? [Use rules to manage your email]
- Why are my emails going to outbox and not sending?
- How To Refresh Outlook? [2019, 365]
- How To Export Outlook Emails to Excel with Date and Time?
- How To Start Outlook On Startup Windows 10?
- How To Bookmark in Outlook Email?
- How Conditional Formatting in Outlook For Multiple Words Works?
- How To Find Old Emails in Outlook 365?