Outlook conversation view arranges all your messages in chronological order into a thread, the latest holds the top position, and so on.
All the messages are folded and arranged in a single subject line, clicking on the left side triangle-shaped logo to open the thread.
Case study: In my early days, I worked in the purchasing department and send various email messages to vendors for their best-quoted rates, with every vendor, long conversations with an email regarding rates, and terms till finalization is processed.
There is no such method to keep the record properly, searching for belonging titled email messages from multiple folders inbox to the sent box is like a hectic process. I found Conversation View in Outlook to manage my problem.
In this article, I will walk you through the step-by-step process “How to Turn On/Off Conversation View in Outlook 365”. Instructions apply to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010; and Outlook for Microsoft 365
Let’s dive in:
How to turn on (Email Grouping) Conversation View in Outlook?
For first-time users how to turn this feature on, is always a task, while those who turned it on sometimes can’t find how to turn it off. This article follows the main title and will simplify both the on & Off process.
- Lunch Outlook
- Click the View tab at the top of your Outlook home screen.
- Select the check box in front of Show as Conversations, in the messages section.
- Outlook displays a confirmation message, you can turn on conversation view for the current folder or entire mailbox, select This folder or all mailbox accordingly.
- Selection automatically runs the spider, and you’ll notice a little triangle-shaped next to emails that have been threaded.
- Click on the triangle and you can expand all the messages in the chronological manner that have been grouped together.
Note: Under Email grouping, the Subject Line must be in a continuous manner, any change in the subject line results in the termination of that email message from the group.
You can easily read the message in the reading pane, once you click on the email message.
Every time you received a new conversation email message, it will automatically be added to the top of the group, and it changes to dark highlighted, which easily indicates that there is a new message.
How to change conversation settings in Outlook?
Once you set a conversation view in Outlook, the conversation setting option activates. It consists of a few options which can help you visualize the data easily.
- Show messages from other folders: On selecting this option conversation view includes sent items too, to complete the threads
- Show senders above the subject: Outlook shows the name before the Subject line and reverses on non-selection.
- Always expend selected conversation: This option always expands the view once you open the conservation by clicking on the triangle symbol.
- Use classic indented view: Outlook shows you all the email messages in the hierarchy scenario in case it was selected, otherwise, you can see all the threads in a list.
How to disable conversation view in outlook 365?
Outlook turns off the conversation view, once you uncheck the “Show as conversation” option from the view tab. After unchecking all the settings moved and Outlook works as normal.
Grouping and ungrouping emails in outlook 365 is a great future for some professional users. The above steps apply to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010; and Outlook for Microsoft 365.
How To Remove Conversation View in Outlook 365 Web?
Outlook.com is a web-based platform that changes from time to time some of the features added and some removed. Turning off the conversation view in Outlook web required a few step exercises.
Refer Image: You can see the conversion threads, one by one, and the message expands in the reading pane.
Steps to disable conversation view in Outlook.com
Here is the step you follow to turn off the email grouping in the Outlook web.
- Using a web browser, go to Outlook.com
- Select the folder, click to option (Gear sign logo) on the right-hand top corner of the screen to open Quick Settings.
- Scroll down to the conversation view.
Once you hit off, all the settings become normal and default.
Outlook threaded view holds the top ten features position in Outlook, those users having conversations with their clients on regular basis on the same subject, grouping email features help them drastically.
In this article, we have covered all the step-by-step processes “How to Turn On/Off Conversation View in Outlook 365″.
Frequently Asked Question:
What Does Ignore Conversation mean in Outlook?
Unwanted Conversations sometimes causes problems, the frequent reply from all the members hit your inbox. Ignore Conversation and removes all unwanted messages related to the conversation that you select.
It moves all conversation emails directly to your Deleted Items folder.
What does the ignore button do in outlook?
The ignore button allows users to limit the emails they receive from a particular sender. The ignore button can be found under a user’s “Home” tab in outlook.
To move all the messages in a conversation to the Deleted Items folder, click “Ignore Conversation.” future messages in the conversation will also be transferred to the Deleted Items folder, without triggering new message alerts.
In conclusion, Conversation View is a great tool for organizing and accessing emails from multiple people.
By sending emails as replies they give a chronological overview of all conversations. You can sort by date or sender and create new threads with one click.
Conversation View is especially useful if many co-workers share email addresses, for example in IT companies with many support departments.