Have you ever noticed an email received in your inbox which marks as Personal, Private, or Confidential in Outlook?
In general practice, all the messages are marked as normal. In this tutorial, you can learn the step-by-step process of how to keep the message private or confidential.
Method to mark the message as Private or Confidential in Outlook
You can adjust the Sensitivity level of your messages that reveal the importance and privacy of your email message.
- Create New email message.
- Click the Options >> extension button to expand the advanced options.
- A properties dialog box appears.
- In the topmost setting section, by default, any email sent is set as normal under Sensitivity.
- Click on the dropdown list and you will get Normal, Personal, Private, or Confidential options.
1. Normal – By default, this option has already been selected option to indicate that the message contents are standard.
2. Personal – Selection of Personal option indicates to the receiver that the message content consists of private nature, the banner is placed at the top of the message that reflects “Please treat this as Personal.”
3. Private – When you received an email message along with the banner at the top of the message that reads “Please treat this as Private.”, the sender sends you a private message, this option is to prevent the message from being edited (text changes, copy, paste, and so on) after you send it.
4. Confidential – Lastly confidential message is sent to impact a psychological impact on the receiver. Marking the message Confidential is only to suggest how the recipient should handle the contents of the message. A banner is placed at the top of the message that reads “Please treat this as Confidential.”