Checkmark, yes, I remember when I fill my college admission form and bank account opening form, I must select from the given options just by marking in the checkbox.
And in some points, I need to simply tick marks (✓):
Talking about checkmarks in Outlook seems to exist.
Most users wonder about check marks or checkboxes.
First thing first both check marks and checkboxes are different, and the purpose of both the items are different.
In this article, we will cover How you can insert check marks as well as checkboxes into Outlook email?
How to Add Check Mark into Email Messages in Outlook?
Check mark symbol is used for many purposes in Outlook, primarily it is used to make a checklist or any confirmation.
So, let’s dive in and understand How to get Degree Symbol in Outlook while working on email, including [Keyboard Shortcut]:
Using Check Mark Keyboard Shortcut in Outlook
All the users always love Keyboard Shortcut to execute the work smartly and faster.
Here is a couple of keyboard shortcut to typing checkmark symbols in Outlook mail.
In Windows, there are several shortcuts to enter the Checkmark (✓) character into any program.
To enter the Checkmark ✓ character into any program, you can use a numeric keypad, not the number row above the letters.
- Use the keyboard shortcut ALT + 10003 (you need to hold the ALT key and then press 10003 from the numeric keypad of your keyboard), which turns out to be Check Mark.
- Use the keyboard shortcut ALT + 10004 (you need to hold the ALT key and then press 10004 from the numeric keypad of your keyboard), which turns out to be Heavy Check Mark.
ALT + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 3 or ALT + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 4
Another font, Segoe UI Symbol, has three checkmark options:
- Use the keyboard shortcut 2705 and then press Alt+X, your code replaces with the White Heavy Check Mark symbol.
- Use the keyboard shortcut 2713 and then press Alt+X, your code replaces with the Check Mark symbol.
- Use the keyboard shortcut 2714 and then press Alt+X, your code replaces with the Heavy Mark symbol.
Open Microsoft Outlook, Place the cursor where you want a check mark. Type 221A, press and hold the Alt key, and type X.
For using the keyboard shortcuts, you will have to change the font of the cells to Wingdings 2.
|What it Does?||Keyboard Shortcut|
|Shift + P||(✓)|
Below are some more keyboard shortcuts that you can use to insert check marks and cross symbols. To use the below shortcuts, you need to change the font to Wingdings (without the 2).
- Use the keyboard shortcut ALT + 0252 (you need to hold the ALT key and then press 0252 from the numeric keypad of your keyboard), which turns out to be Check Mark.
- Use the keyboard shortcut ALT + 0254 (you need to hold the ALT key and then press 0254 from the numeric keypad of your keyboard), which turns out to be Check Box.
Keyboard Shortcut in Mac to Insert Check Mark in Outlook
- Command + Control + Spacebar shortcut to open the Character Viewer.
- Search for ‘Check‘ and the Viewer should find various checkmark or tick options.
Copy and Paste the Check Mark
Since you’re already reading this article and find out multiple methods to insert check marks in Outlook mail using the keyboard shortcuts, you can avoid the interface route and simply paste the existing symbol.
To do this, copy the check mark already available in your message using Ctrl + C and paste it wherever you need using Ctrl + V It’s that simple.
Insert Check Mark Using Bullet Library
Bullets marks are used to highlight specific points.
Here are the steps to insert the check mark (tick mark) using the Symbol dialog box:
Step 1: Keep the cursor where you need to insert the checkmark.
Step 2: Then compose the texts in the message body as usual. And select the target texts to which you want to add the bullet checkmark before.
Step 3: Click on Format Text Tab
Step 4: Click the down arrow of the ‘Bullets‘ button.
Step 5: From the drop-down list, you have both the options Checkmark and Checkbox, you can select according to your choice.
Using the Symbols Dialog Box
Another way to insert a checkmark symbol (or any symbol for that matter) in Outlook is using the Symbol dialog box.
The Symbol dialog box is the oldest and most traditional method to insert any type of symbol in Microsoft platforms (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or even Outlook).
Step 1: Open Outlook New mail.
Step 2: Click on the Insert tab in the ribbon
Step 3: Click the Symbols tab
Step 4: The symbol dialog box appears, there are a couple of fonts you may select, which consist of checkmark symbols.
- Segoe UI Symbol
- In the Font box, select Wingdings.
- Which consists of numerous symbols, you can scroll down and find out check mark manually or in the Character code box at the bottom, enter: 252 In the grid of symbols, the check mark is selected.
- Another check-mark option is available two squares away from it (character code 254).
- Select the check mark you want. Click Insert. Then click Close to dismiss the dialog box.
- In the Font box, select Segoe UI Symbol.
- Which consists of numerous symbols, you can scroll down and find out the check mark manually or in the Character code box at the bottom, enter: 2713 In the grid of symbols, the check mark ✓ is selected.
- Heavy check-mark option ✔is available just beside to check mark (character code 2714).
- Another White Heavy Check Mark is another pattern available under this font (character code 2705)
- Select the check mark you want. Click Insert. Then click Close to dismiss the dialog box.
A single click will insert a single checkmark in the selected area.
If you want more, simply copy the already inserted one and use it, (you can copy it to AutoCorrect and make your own shortcut, which will discuss in detail below:)
Note that using ‘Segoe UI Symbol’ allows you to use the check mark in any extensively used font in Excel (such as Arial, Time Now, Calibri, or Verdana).
The shape and size may adjust a little based on the font.
Using Autocorrect to Add Check Mark
Autocorrect is a wonderful feature available in all Microsoft Platforms not only Outlook, but this feature also autocorrects misspelled words automatically.
Autocorrect is inbuilt with a huge library which corrects the spelling of the word, you’re likely to type, and outlook automatically corrects it for you.
Not only that autocorrect had a feature that automatically inserts a symbol once you add that symbol with a specific code word (for example – DEGINT for degree symbol).
Let’s Dive in and understand step by step method:
Step 1: Click File Tab.
Step 2: Click Options
Step 3: Click Mail >> Click the Editor option from the right navigation options.
Step 4: Click Proofing from the left navigation section >> AutoCorrect Options.
Step 5: An autocorrect dialog box appears, enter your own customized code [for instance CHEKM] to replace the section with: (you can get the Checkmark symbol by using the Keyboard Shortcut 221A then Press Alt + X, or copy-paste it from the internet).
Click Add >> Click OK to close.
From now onwards, whenever you type the text CHEKM and Press Enter, it will automatically get converted into the Checkmark symbol.
Here are a few things you need to know when using the Autocorrect method:
- If you enter the input in the upper case. So, if you enter ‘cmekm’, it will not get converted into the check mark symbol. You need to enter CHEKM.
- This change also gets applied to all the other Microsoft applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.). So be cautious and choose the keyword that you are highly unlikely to use in any other application.
- Spacing in any text/number before/after CHEKM, is also important, it will not be considered and converted to the check mark symbol. For example, ‘100%CHEKM’ will not get converted, however, ‘100% CMEKM’ will get converted to ‘100% ’
- Choosing a perfect code is easier to remember than Keyboard Shortcut.
How To Add Green Check Mark in Outlook?
Changing color while inserting Checkmark in Outlook is not a challenging task, Checkmark is a symbol that takes color by default, to change the color of a checkmark, you need to first select the symbol and go to the home tab.
You can adjust the font size, change the background color, and even the symbol color easily.
Below is an example of How to Add Green Check Mark and change the font size:
Outlook Check Mark Emoji
Any Email Message consisting of Emoji is always attractive, there are multiple angles to insert emojis in Outlook, in this article you will learn a couple of methods:
- Using Icons
- Online Pictures
Step 1: Open Outlook >> Click to insert >> Go to illustration Group
Step 2: Click Pictures >> Online Pictures
- Checkmark Emoji is inserted into your screen, you can adjust the size of the emoji according to your requirement.
Insert Check Mark Using Icons
Now, here I will walk you through how to find checkmark emojis and insert them in your Outlook mail.
Step 1: Open Outlook Application.
Step 2: Click on New mail or you can also use this emoji under Reply or forward.
Step 3: Click insert >> Icons
Step 4: As a Microsoft subscriber, you have access to the full library of creative content. Select ‘icons‘, Enter the keyword ‘check‘ in the Search information bar and you will get a couple of results:
Step 5: Click Insert.
Step 6: Once you inserted the checkmark Emoji, you can do multiple Graphic Format such as (Change of color, font, effects, etc) before sending the checkmark emoji with the email message:
Summarised Keyboard Shortcut
|What it Does?||Keyboard|
|Keyboard Shortcut to Insert Checkmark Symbol in Outlook Application||ALT + 10003|
|Keyboard Shortcut to Insert Heavy Check Mark Symbol in Outlook Application||ALT + 10004|
|Keyboard Shortcut to Insert White Heavy Check Mark Symbol in Outlook Application||2705 and then press Alt+X|
|Keyboard Shortcut to Insert Checkmark Symbol in Outlook Application||2713 and then press Alt+X|
|Keyboard Shortcut to Insert Heavy Check Mark Symbol in Outlook Application||2714 and then press Alt+X|
|Keyboard Shortcut to Insert Checkmark Symbol in Outlook Application||221A, press and hold the Alt key, and type X.|
|Select the Wingdings 2 font Keyboard Shortcut to Insert the Checkmark Symbol in Outlook Application||Shift + P|
|Select Wingdings font Keyboard Shortcut to Insert Checkmark Symbol in Outlook Application||ALT + 0252 or ALT + 0254|
|Keyboard Shortcut in Mac to Insert Check Mark in Outlook||Command + Control + Spacebar|
|Copy and Paste Checkmark Symbol into Outlook||Ctrl + C then Ctrl + V|
To summarize, the checkmark icon is the symbol for marking something as done. It’s used in many things on your computer, including messages, calendar items, and task lists.
You can also navigate to items marked with a checkbox by using the Show View menu. The checkmark icon is also used in other programs.