In Outlook, capitalization is often best determined with the Convert UPPER CASE to LOWER CASE function.
This function allows you to convert text to lower or upper case, so you can quickly type a capital letter without opening a window.
Have you ever switched your Outlook email from lower case to capital letters or from UPPER CASE to lower case?
Keyboard Shortcut in change Uppercase to Lowercase Or Vice Versa in Outlook
Typing a New Email Message, Replying or Forwarding in outlook frequently, sometimes encountered issues with spelling and typing.
(For Example: how to change lower Case to uPPER Case and vice versa in outlook) must be written as How To Change Lower case to UPPER CASE and Vice Versa in Outlook.
Step 1: Select the content using the mouse or use Ctrl + A for the entire content, you need to change from Lower case to UPPER CASE and Vice Versa
Step 2: If the selected content is in UPPER CASE, press Shift + F3 keys, they are all be changed to lowercase immediately.
Step 3: Click Shift + F3 again to change the first letter of the sentence to uppercase immediately.
- You can undo the action by, pressing CTRL+Z.
- Most the keyboard have an ‘Fn‘ key on your keyboard, The keyboard shortcuts on the ‘Fn‘ key are mapped differently for each function. This means that combining Fn+shift+F3 to make a conversion will not work.
Reason Why Shift + F3 Is Not Working to change Uppercase to Lowercase Or Vice Versa in Outlook?
Some users raise an issue that Shift + F3 is not working, there are sometimes technical issues, but some time uses are missing something:
- Shift F3 Not Working When The ‘Fn‘ Key Is Locked
- Add ‘Fn‘ To as Part of the Shortcut
- You’re Using Multiple Languages on Your Computer
- Shift+F3 Shortcut was ‘Hijacked‘ By another program
- Convert Anywhere, Use A Dedicated App for Case Conversions
Change text case using the Change Case option in Outlook Application
Apart from Keyboard short Microsoft Outlook functionality also provide you the options to change the case according to your requirement:
You can change the uppercase to lowercase or vice versa with the Outlook Change Case function.
Change Case function consists of some additional features which are not possible through Keyboard Shortcut.
Step 1: Open Outlook
Step 2: Click on Format Text.
Step 3: Select the content you need to change the case and click the Change Case button to expand the drop-down list.
- Sentence Case: Under this, it capitalizes only the first letter of the first word in the title and leaves all the other characters under small alphabets [For Example United states of america].
- Lower Case: Once you select lower case, it will convert all the letters into lower case (small letters), even if, some letters are required in Upper case [For Example united states of america].
- Upper Case: It is just the opposite of the lower case; all the characters will be converted into capital letters (Upper case) [For Example UNITED STATES OF AMERICA].
- Capitalize Each Word: Under this scenario, to capitalize a word is to make its first letter a capital letter an uppercase letter [For Example United States Of America].
- tOONGLE cASE: Toggle Case is the text that is converted to a mixed case version of the text, it’s just the opposite of the Capitalize Each Word [For Example uNITED sTATES oF aMERICA].
How to Change Text Case in Outlook Web
The option in Outlook web is almost similar to the Outlook application.
Step 1: Open Outlook.com
Step 2: Click New Mail
Step 3: Click on more formatting options from the bottom of the screen.
Step 4: Click on Change case options, and all four options appear.
- Upper Case
- Lower Case
- Capitalize Each Word
- Sentence Case
The functionality of all the above options is similar to the Outlook application.
Keyboard Shortcut to Change Case using ‘Alt’
Alt key function is quite simple to change case (upper to lower and vice versa) with your Keyboard.
First, select your content using Ctrl + A.
Click Alt + O + 7 to open the change case dialog box, which consists of all options.
- Click Alt + O + 7 + S to open Sentence Case
- Click Alt + O + 7 + L to open Lower Case
- Click Alt + O + 7 + U to open Upper Case
- Click Alt + O + 7 + C to open Capitalize Each Word
- Click Alt + O + 7 + T to open tOONGLE cASE
Change Text Case using External Platform
Microsoft Outlook provides every method to change the text case that in normal circumstances a user required.
There are numerous external online platforms available that can easily convert your text in all the above methods.
Apart from all the above, there are a couple of other methods that are also available with those platforms.
One of the best online platforms after the long resource I found is convertcase.net
You can copy the text you like to change the case and simply click on the options below:
Some of the other options like:
- Title Case
- Inverse Case
- Alternating Case
The title case is one of my favorites which results in Capitalized case, but the only difference is it won’t change the words to upper case, which is technically not required.
Once all set, you can either download the text or copy using Ctrl + C and paste using Ctrl + V on your Outlook message body.
Most users prefer to delete the text and rewrite it, which is Ok with a couple of words, but it’s difficult if you are working with huge piles of files.
Remembering the Shift + F3 Keyboard shortcut is not difficult, it’s a single keyword that changes the case easily.