Email and your recipient or group of multiple recipients in their from filed get the name, which is adjusted while creating or adding an email address to your Microsoft Outlook account. The name is visible to anyone who receives an email from you.
In this article, I will walk you through the instruction “How to change sender name in outlook“,
How to change Email account’s name on Outlook Email?
This instruction/Step by step applicable to Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, and Outlook for Microsoft 365.
Let’s dive in:
The process is quite simple and really transparent to understand:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click the File tab from the upper left corner >> Click on the ‘Account Settings‘ button from the drop-down menu.
In case of Outlook 2007, 2010 and lower version, Click Tools >> Select Account setting from the drop down list.
- Account Setting dialog box appears >> Select on Email Tab.
- Choice Email address in case multiple email addresses registered with Outlook.
- Hit the change button.
- The next step walks you to the email account settings dialog box. (By default during setup of email account Outlook itself take email address as name), which in future display your name as the address, when your recipient receive email)
- In the general setting change, the display name in the Your Name field.
- Click Next, Account successfully updated. From now when you send an email, your recipient gets the email having your name displayed.
The above process is quite simple and helps your sender to recognize you from your name instead of email address, some of the email address is so different and designed that nobody recognizes the person.
- What is RSS Feed in Outlook?
- We couldn’t create the Outlook data file [How to Fix it! Complete guide]
- How To Insert Table in Outlook? [Create/Edit/Delete]
- How to Create a Recurring Task in Outlook? + [Regenerated Task]
- Outlook Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
- Where Is The File Tab in Outlook?
- How to delete all emails from one sender Outlook?