We all want to be known as something more than just our email address. But what if that something is not your first name?
What if your name is longer or shorter than your (often shortened) email address? What if your name is spelled differently from your email address? How do you replace your email address with your name?
Email and your recipient or group of multiple recipients in them from filed get the name, which is adjusted while creating or adding an email address to your Microsoft Outlook account. The name is visible to anyone who receives an email from you.
In this article, I will walk you through the instruction “How to change sender name in outlook“,
How to change the email account’s name on Outlook Email?
This instruction/Step by step is applicable to Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, and Outlook for Microsoft 365.
Let’s dive in:
The process is quite simple and transparent to understand:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click the File tab from the upper left corner >> Click on the ‘Account Settings‘ button from the drop-down menu.
In the case of Outlook 2007, 2010, and lower versions, Click Tools >> Select Account setting from the drop-down list.
- Account Setting dialog box appears >> Select on Email Tab.
- Choice Email address in case multiple email addresses is registered with Outlook.
- Hit the change button.
- The next step walks you to the email account settings dialog box. (By default, during the setup of an email account Outlook itself take the email address as a name), which in future display your name as the address, when your recipient receives an email)
- In the general setting change, the display name is in the Your Name field.
- Click Next, Account successfully updated. From now when you send an email, your recipient gets the email having your name displayed.
The above process is quite simple and helps your sender to recognize you from your name instead of your email address, some of the email address is so different and designed that nobody recognizes the person.
In conclusion, by changing the name of the sender, we have saved a lot of trouble. The sender’s name can be changed anytime and from anyplace. The recipient is notified automatically about the new sender’s name. We have saved a lot of time.