When it comes to email, we all know how important it is to have a professional email signature. Not only does it give recipients quick info on you, but it also helps establish your brand.
So, regardless of the size of your company, you need to get one.
You have learned in detail “How to Create a Signature in Outlook” and a lot more in earlier articles.
In this tutorial, you will learn “How to get an email signature in every email message you create, reply or forward”
Previously every time you create an email message, reply or forward a message, you need to select the preinstalled signature to add the signature to your message.
Is there any method, by which the signature automatically appears in every email message?
The answer is Yes, this article is all about it.
How To Assign Auto Signature to Every Email in Outlook?
How do you do it? How do you create an auto signature for Outlook 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, or 2010 that will automatically appear at the bottom of every email that you make?
Well, once you have the settings in place, you need not take a few extra steps each time you compose a new email.
These steps are the part of signature creation, Let’s dive in and understand the step-by-step solution “How to set default Signature“:
Once you configure all your settings to assign a signature to every new email or every responding email sent by a specified email account in Outlook.
- Open the Outlook application on your laptop or computer.
- Click on New email >> Click on Signature from the message tab >> Signature
- A stationery dialog box appears, now it’s time to choose the default signature according to your requirement.
- First Select the specified email account you need to assign the signature to every email from the E-mail account drop-down list.
- Choose the specified signature you will assign to every new email from the New Messages drop-down list.
- Choose the specified signature you will assign to every replied or forwarded email from the Replies/forwards drop-down list.
In case you have multiple email addresses, you can assign the signature for new emails and responding emails like a reply or forward, repeat the above steps for every email address.
Click the OK button.
Auto Signature to Every Email in Outlook Web/PWA
Most of the data like the emails folder are synchronized between Outlook.com and Outlook application but signatures are still not synchronized between Outlook and Outlook Online.
This means, that if you are using both versions of Outlook along with PWA, you will need to add the signature to Outlook Online or PWA as well.
- Open Outlook web or Outlook PWA.
- Click on the gear icon on the right side of the top bar.
- Click View all Outlook settings from the bottom of the Settings pane.
- Under the mail section,>> Select Compose and reply.
Now you see the Email signature settings. Your signature is in the text area. For the purpose of setting the default signature under new mails and for Replies/Forward, you need to select the Signature from the drop-down list.
Once you select the default signature for both scenarios, your signature automatically appears when you create new mail or Replies/Forward.
When you are done, click Save at the bottom and simply close the settings screen. Your signature should now be active in your Outlook Online.
Like the Outlook application, you can add multiple signatures accordingly and select the signature under the default signature.
In conclusion, testing your email signature is important. Email signatures are a great and inexpensive way to engage and educate customers and build brand awareness.
Setting up email signatures isn’t that difficult. Once you have the settings set up, all you have to do is write or paste some text into the email signature that you want to use.