Last Updated on November 19, 2023 by Amit Bansal
If you’re looking to add a new contact in Outlook, there are a few different ways you can do it.
You can manually add the contact’s information, or you can import them from a file. You can also add a contact directly from an email message.
Not only that there is information you must learn for Outlook contacts.
Here in this article, we have covered lots of less-known features of Outlook contacts and step by step method “How to Add Contacts in Outlook Address Book.”
Steps of Creating New contact in Outlook Web.
Adding a new contact in Outlook Web is a quick and easy process. Here are the steps:
- Log into your Outlook Web account.
- Click on the “Contacts” tab >> Click on the “New contact” button.
- Fill out the contact information form.
- Click on the “Save” button.
That’s all there is to it! Now you have a new contact in your Outlook Web account.
Add New Contacts in Outlook 2007 and 2010
- Step 1: – With Microsoft Outlook open, click the Contacts option at the bottom of the left navigation pane.
- Step 2: – Under the Home tab in the Ribbon, click the New Contact option in the “New” section at the top-left.
- Step 3: – Enter all the contact details in the contact form.
- If you need to save the newly entered contact and add another contact, click the Save & New option. If you only need to create the newly entered contact, click the Save & Close option.
Add New Contacts in Outlook 2013 onwards
In order to add a contact in Outlook, open the ‘Contacts‘ tab and click ‘New Contact.’
You can enter the contact’s information in the appropriate fields.
Once you have entered the necessary information, click Save & Close to save the contact.
- Step 1: – Open Microsoft Outlook and click the People option in the strip at the top right corner of your screen.
- Step 2: – Under the Home tab in the Ribbon, click the New Contact option in the ‘New‘ section at the top-left.
- Step 3: – Detailed contact form appears, which consists of almost every information about the person you require. Enter all the contact details.
- Step 4: – Fill in all the desired columns which consist of all necessary information like Full name, Company, Job Title, File as, Email address, Display as, Web page address, IM address, Phone numbers, and address.
You can also fetch the address location from google Maps, adding an image or photo of your contact is also available in the form.
If you need to save the newly entered contact and add another contact, click the Save & New option. If you only need to create the newly entered connection, click the Save & Close option.
Quickly Add New Contacts from Email to Outlook Address Book.
If you directly want to add the contact, by opening an incoming e-mail message, click the right mouse button on the name/email address of your sender and select Add to Contacts.
Other Method to Add Contacts
There are a few different ways you can add contacts in Outlook. Importing contacts from an excel sheet is another smart way to add numerous contacts into Microsoft Outlook at once. To read the detailed article click here.
How to Add Multiple Email Addresses for one contact in Outlook?
People having multiple email addresses is common, some keep personal, official, and family email addresses separately. While creating new contact you can easily add multiple email addresses of the person.
- Step 1: – Open Outlook web
- Step 2: – Go to people >> Click on all contact
- Step 3: – Select the one you like to add an email address.
- Step 4: – Once you select the detailed information of that person appears on the right navigation portion of your screen.
Click on contact and you will observe only one email address is available, click edit from the button.
- Step 5: – That will open the edit form, not only adding additional email you can easily modify almost every information of the contact from here.
- Step 6: – Click on Add email, which will open the slot where you can enter an additional email address.
- Click Save and you will check out both the email address in that contact profile.
Similarly, you can add a maximum of up to three email addresses to one contact in the Outlook application.
Open all contacts and double-click on the specific person to open the entire profile. Click on the drop-down list of email addresses, select Email 2 to add another email address, and Email 3 to add the third one.
After adding multiple email addresses for one contact in Outlook click save and close. That way you can save more than one phone number, email address, or mailing address for someone in the Outlook application and the web.
Benefits of Adding Contacts
Saving contacts increases your productivity in Microsoft Outlook. Below are examples of the added utility contacts bringing.
- There’s no need to remember someone’s email address anymore—you can just type in their name. Doing so will automatically bring up their contact information and send the email to their primary address. You can also press Ctrl+K while you’re typing the name to have it autocomplete.
- If you make groups of contacts, you can email multiple people at once. For example, you could create a group of your family contacts and type “Family” in the email to email all your family members. Groups are made in the Address Book section.
- You can set up rules through the Microsoft Rules Wizard to automatically perform certain tasks when you receive an email from a particular sender. For example, if you have an important contact, you can create a rule to alert you any time an email comes from them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions on Outlook Contact
How to Add Notes to contacts in Outlook?
Adding notes to contacts in Outlook can be a great way to keep track of important information about the people you communicate with.
Open Outlook web >> Click the People icon from the left navigation bar >> Click all contacts >> Select your contact >> Click Add your own notes here.
Now you can add the Note of the contact.
How to add, change or remove pictures/photos for contact in Outlook?
In Outlook, you can manage pictures for your contacts in several ways. You can add, change, or remove pictures/photos for contacts.
To add a picture/photo to a contact:
- Open the contact in Outlook.
- Click the “Add Picture” button on the contact’s toolbar.
- Select the picture/photo you want to add and click “Open”.
- The picture/photo will be added to the contact.
To change a picture/photo for a contact:
- Open the contact in Outlook.
- Click the “Change Picture” button on the contact’s toolbar.
- Select the new picture/photo you want to use and click “Open”.
- The new picture/photo will be added to the contact.
To remove a picture/photo from a contact:
- Open the contact in Outlook.
- Click the “Remove Picture” button on the contact
How to Count the Number of Contacts in Outlook?
It can be helpful to know how many contacts you have in Outlook, especially when you’re trying to keep track of your total contact count or the number of contacts in a particular category.
Luckily, there is a way that you can count the number of contacts in Outlook.
Open Outlook contacts >> Select your group from the left navigation pane >> Click the right mouse button >> Click properties from the dropdown list.
Contacts properties dialog box appears, select the check box Show total number of items and click ok.
You will check the number of contacts available in Outlook in front of the contact group.
In conclusion, the methods of communicating with others are numerous, but the contact pane is a perfect place to keep important or sensitive emails.
If you click New, Outlook brings up a contact field, allowing you to enter a new email, fax, or phone number.
By choosing Other, you can open Outlook’s contact manager and select a person’s name from the address book.
From there, you can add a contact’s name and email address, or make a new contact.